Welcome, fabulous romance writer!
A story with heart requires a strong foundation, and this course is designed to help you construct one. If you want to learn how to tell a great story, a story that means something, then this is the place to start. Get the essential building blocks in place before focusing on the story’s plot.
Story Fundamentals #1: The Basics is a self-paced course that will give you clarity and provide guidance in how to develop and strengthen a story concept, whether you already have one to work with or you want to build one from scratch.
How it works:
Work through the modules at your own pace and complete the tasks as directed in the workbooks provided.
At two points in the course, you will be given the opportunity to submit your completed workbooks for personalised feedback on the work you’ve completed, as well as a chance to debrief after each round of feedback. If you’re looking for guidance from a romance story expert, this is an opportunity you don’t want to pass up.
Upon completing the course you will have developed a strong and meaningful story concept that you can build upon with further planning.
In Story Fundamentals #1: The Basics you will:
- explore the romance subgenres and the reader expectations that apply;
- explore romance tropes and learn how to take a fresh approach;
- identify your story’s themes;
- develop the “heart” of your story;
- write a summary of your story and refine its premise;
- brainstorm and select a working title for your manuscript;
- and develop your protagonist and their love interest.
Before you get started, subscribe to my mailing list and get a copy of my FREE guide, So You Want to Write a Romance Story with Heart.
Already enrolled? Let’s get started!